Powder Coating is tough, attractive, cost-effective, and environmentally friendly. It’s a safer, cleaner coating choice that provides a superior finish. Powder coating is resistant to corrosion, heat, impact, abrasion, fading from sunlight, and extreme weather, in your choice of color and texture.
Powder coating is compliant with the environment. It means virtually no emissions, no solvents, and no hazardous wastes. Powder coating is totally "green" (environmentally safe).
Trojan is a member of the USGBC New York Chapter US Green Building Council.
|POWDER COATING vs. LIQUID PAINTING:
Powder Coatings are solvent Free.
No hazardous waste according to
“Resources Conservation and
Recovery Act (RCRA)”.
Overspray may be reclaimed.
Average material efficiency up to
95% of material sprayed.
Considerable lower applied cost.
Most liquid coatings contain solvents.
Liquid coatings evaporate VOC’s during
Overspray needs to be handled as
Average material efficiency is only
Film losses 50% due to evaporation of solvents.
ENVIRONMENTAL GREEN SPECIFICATION
70% KYNAR 500 – AAMA 2605
1) The finish on exposed aluminum extrusions and panels shall be compliant with the performance standards set forth in the AAMA Specification 2605, Superior Performing Organic Coatings on Aluminum Extrusions and Panels.
2) The finish is a factory applied high performance 70% Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF) coating based on Arkema, Inc. Kynar500® resin formulated by a licensed powder coating manufacturer, and applied by the powder manufacturer’s warranty approved powder coating applicator.
3) The pretreatment of the aluminum extrusions and panels is to be performed with organic solutions that will remove organic and inorganic surface soils and residual oxides. A chrome free conversion sealer will be applied to the pretreated aluminum extrusion and panels to ensure adhesion of powder coatings to the aluminum extrusions and panels.
4) The color is to be specified by customer.
5) The above process is the most friendliest and green application of AAMA Specification 2605, Superior Performing Organic Coatings on Aluminum Extrusions and Panels.
6) TROJAN POWDER COATING COMPANY, INC. is a certified applicator of Superior Performing Organic Coatings on Aluminum Extrusions and Panels and is listed as such on the AAMA Certification Program Verified Component List.
BENEFITS OF GREEN BUILDING
Enhance and protect ecosystems and biodiversity
Improve air and water quality
Reduce solid waste
Conserve natural resources
Reduce operating costs
Enhance asset value and profits
Improve employee productivity and satisfaction
Optimize life-cycle economic performance
Health and community benefits:
Improve air, thermal, and acoustic environments
Enhance occupant comfort and health
Minimize strain on local infrastructure
Contribute to overall quality of life
Click Here for 1-Year Warranty
Click Here for 5-Year Warranty
Click Here for 10-Year Warranty